Monday 24 May 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine...

It's been a couple of weeks since I saw the flick, and that's not a reflection on the quality, I just didn't really know what to write about it - it's a tough flick to wax lyrical about, you know? American Pie meets Back To The Future is a good, off-the-cuff summary of it's basic vibe, and while it's not as 'this could be insanely great' as the trailer suggested when you first saw it, HTTM is a good, fun time.

Plus, as is my rule, it's automatically worth seeing because John Cusack is involved - a dude who's always a joy to watch who can always bring a sort of hang-dog pathos to his roles, even the more daft ones like the opportunity-making, bill-paying 2012 (I'm not judging, I say fair play, it's how the Hollywood system works) or indeed Hot Tub Time Machine with it's free-and-easy 'for shits and giggles' vibe.

A fun flick to see with your mates, and ideal 'cheer-me-up' material ... plus you can roll around in some 80s nostalgia, and quite frankly, who doesn't love a bit of 80s nostalgia?

No comments: